Monday, January 30, 2012

Matte nails, Shiny tips

Looking for a new thing to do I came across this cool and easy nail design from Kim Kardashian's blog and I thought I'd give it a shot so here it is:)
 I'm not sure why but the two photos are two different colors the one on top^ is blue but the one on the bottom\/ is purple.... the one on top^^^ is more accurate to reality, OPI Ink is like a navy blue/dark wash jeans color no purple what so ever.

What I Used: 
OPI Ink Suede
Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat
Scotch Tape


I recently broke a nail bowling then I broke another nail, I'm not sure how it happened, so I was going crazy and I finally gave in and got acrylics. I had a nice design on it but it started to lift near the cuticle so I decided to cover it so I wouldn't pick at it. Out of sight, out of mind. :)

So for this design I used OPI Ink Suede from OPI's Suede Collection Fall 2009. All the suede colors are matte when dried but unlike a usual matte it is metallic when shiny and has an interesting quality to it when matte. I've had it for a while now and I love this color but I always have a hard time deciding whether or not to apply a top coat, so here's the solution!

1. Unless you are paint over acrylics always use a base coat.
2. Paint 1-2 coats of a matte color of your choice. Let it dry completely.
3. Apply a small strip of scotch tape for the tip. (You can skip this step and free hand it or you can use a french tip sticker guide.) **With scotch tape I like to stick it on my skin first so it won't be too strong and lift the polish**
4. Use the top coat on the tip only.

And you're done! Easy as that!

Now here's the thing about this design, you can totally reverse this and use a matte top coat and any color you want so you aren't restricted to only matte colors. Have fun! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment